Thread: Pulley Wobble
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Josh@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Josh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa, I apologize, I must have missed or didn't get the notices from this thread. Edconline, did you contact our customer service dept regarding this?

And I realize this isn't what you want to hear, but this has all the signs of not being tightened enough on installation.

The installation instructions require the pulley be held in place, and initially tightened to 33lb/ft of torque, and then rotated an additional 90 degrees. You mark it with paint, and go to town.

For our guys, this takes enough force to have a very long breaker bar, an an additional "floor jack handle" type bar to extend the breaker bar even longer, and it's a bear to get it the full 90 degrees.

Without being tight enough, it will loosen itself, and do what you're describing. I'm very glad you caught it in time. Is there paint or some marking on the UD pulley? Were you able to verify the installation?

There is no specific torque number they would be checking for, as the installation is based off of degrees of the turn beyond a preset torque spec.
Josh@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote