Thread: Malibu cruise
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #406 (permalink)
R390
Base Member

Drives: 72 TA27
R390 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
My typical route which I haven't done in years it seems is latigo up, decker down, then yerba to the 101.

Used to do some runs with some porsche guys, and they liked las flores to lookout, then down piuma through mullholand, then maybe decker or yerba.

Oh btw, in the past on different forums, people would get really upset if road names were posted. It's not like they're secret, but there were some cops that use to read through the forums. So they would basically know what road you would be at a certain time.
Quote:
t's not like they're secret, but there were some cops that use to read through the forums
case in point they still do, there was a big Ferrari run up the coast and the Ventura county Sheriffs shut it down.

I'm all for a fun drive, the problem is the novices that tag along and showing their inexperience. It just adds fuel to the fire for the residents who go nuts and start calling the CHP or the Sheriffs.

if your going to do a drive just go for a cruse, but if your idea of going flat out with no radio communication between cars is just asking for it.

and lets not forget
the the bike riders or "tour de ghey" the cycle riders who think they are lance Armstrong, taking up an entire road lane and refuse to let you pass when they are going down hill, sadly I have seen law enforcement give drivers of motorized vehicles tickets for crossing yellows to give room to pass a cyclist.

rocks: anytime there can be rocks and if your tail to tail in a group heading up and no radio or your team mates have the radio blasting and a passenger in the car with them the results are not good.

animals: I myself have just hit about almost every type of wild animal in the Santa Monica mtn areas and if you drive these roads you will encounter one.

random driveways: yup there are some clueless people out there who will dart right out of a driveway not giving any care.

posting routes is : its just as if you were to call the CHP or Sheriffs and telling where you would be speeding and at what time.

The big other problem, are the crap load of Motor cycle rides who religiously position their wheels on the yellow lines and leaning over crossing the yellow lines. not only these riders are a menace, but they have also flooded the canyons with their lack of rider skills.

Im sure all of you guys, "know that your good drivers at heart" and just want to have a good time but when it comes down to explaining it to a cop and a judge, i'd rather be spending money on a vacation, track day and mabey a new set of tires.

if your going on a run pick a route - dont post it and just go for it. if it gets to big it turns into a cluster f. Organizing any run by one person bares the unlimited financial responsibility and also the forum as well, so stay away from the word "EVENT&RUN"

R390 is offline   Reply With Quote