View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #34 (permalink)
MWCarson
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370Z Blk
MWCarson is on a distinguished road

Not sure if this helps, but the information is useful.
I just bought a 2010 Nissan 370Z base model, black A/T, base stereo, a fixer upper car. Thought I would save thousands by doing it myself or having a friend help.
Regarding my TPMS, within two weeks of delivery, I went to Fry's Electronics and purchased a Clarion stereo, HD & SAT Addons, did the install and within two days, my TPMS light came on, started blinking, now it's solid.

Returned the car to my dealer, they connected to the onboard pc and there were No Fault Codes, but the light is still constantly on. Next step is the wand, went to wand read the tires and the wand stated "Incompatible Sensors" on all four tires. WTF! The car has maybe 400 miles, I haven't replaced the wheels yet and am getting this message. So after further research from a lead tech at Infinity, we came to the following conclusion.

There is a device called a BPM (Body Panel Module) that sits inside the panel near the passenger side foot section floorboard. This device electronically controls all body related functions, windows, doors, and TPMS sensors. During the installation of the radio, there was a device placed next to the BPM causing interference with the RF frequencies of the TPMS. Once we uninstalled, reinstalled, and rewired the stereo, I had the wheels reset via wand and all is back to normal.

Hope this helps save you from the time and headaches I've endured.
Best of luck!
MWCarson is offline   Reply With Quote