View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sharif@Forged
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2009 GT-R, 2010 370Z
Sharif@Forged will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillBill View Post
There are a few threads on different forced induction kits. I am interested but... In my opinion, its not worth it unless you are able to track your car with it. Any input from anybody who successfully tracks with any type of forced induction?? In Importuner or Modified they tracked a twin turbo 370 and had to add some crazy fabricated cooling system. In another article I read, they had to fill the window wash fluid with ice water and aim it at the oil cooler....wtf
Forced inductoin on the 350Z/370Z for track use is extremely challenging and expensive to pull off. The cooling capacity of the oil and coolant heat exchangers needs to increase by 4-5 times over factor levels in order to reach a steady state temp equilibrium at a safe level. It's a simple heat in/heat out equation, but adding that level of cooling capacity would be challenging on a street car. This isn't something that would fit neatly into a street car without significant fabrication, and removal of many front end components such as your AC.

On my 370Z Nismo which is still NA, I hit 270F oil temps even with an oil cooler, in just 5-6 laps at Road Atlanta on a hot day. With FI I wouldn't make it around 1 lap. The rate and level at which you overheat is directly related to lap times and how aggressive you are behind the wheel, YMMV.
Cobb ProTuner, Uprev ECU Flash, FCON Vpro, Haltech, Motec Certified
Sharif@Forged is offline   Reply With Quote