View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 04:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
2theextreme
RIP Tony :( (1969-2015)

Drives: '14 Mustang GT/CS
2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
Perhaps you should send Anthony AKA 2theextreme a pm? After all, that's why we have pm system.

It's custom from ebay. I know this much.
boomboom,

Yep, AK is right....I purchased it thru eBay. However, the seller doesn't appear to have the item listed any longer (they used to have 10 or more available). Now, I won't BS you, the hood does NOT fit the 370Z perfectly. The center portion of the hood dips down too far and rubs against the strut tower bar and is now actually started rubbing against my Password:JDM cooling plate if you can imagine that! For this reason alone, I have purchased a new Varis CF hood and will be replacing my current CF hood in the near future.

One of the local body shops in my area helped the situation slightly by adding 4 little foam/rubber pieces under the hood so hopefully the rubbing issue won't get worse. The cooling plate is definately damaged beyond repair but the strut tower bar will be re-powdercoated once the new Varis hood gets installed.

Like I said, I don't want to have another 370 owner run the risk of damaging their Z just because a hood looks good. I did search high and low for a unique hood and at the time the Bay Speed Aero hood was my choice. I wouldn't say I regret purchasing it but I wish I had done a little more research and maybe gone with a more well known hood.

Hope this helped.