View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cheech
Premium Member

Drives: Frontier & Zed
Cheech is on a distinguished road

I'm in the same boat as you, the 40th is the preferred model in my sights right now.

How many miles? What's the condition? Any scratches?, body damage? Mechanically ok?

Assuming it is in mint condition, then it could be a good price. Two factors going for you right now, it is their end of the year with dealers wanting to clear their lot and we're going into the winter months, so the market for sports cars are pretty slow. Depending on where the car is located, this could work in your favor. Northern dealerships are probably more motivated to move it. Haggle some more.

However, you run the risk of losing it to someone else, which is what happened this last weekend to me. Had what I would consider a nearly closed deal, all I was waiting for was the carfax report and service records. Was talking with the sales person with less than 15minutes left in their business day on Saturday (closed Sunday). Called them Monday morning and was informed the car was sold late Saturday. After I was asking my self, "How could they sell it that fast?", especially without the salesperson knowing I was working on the deal. Something smells pretty fishy here!

Maybe the final price I had from them was too low and they wanted some way to back out.. who knows?????? Really a big bummer for me on Monday. And how's your week going?

Good luck on the negotiations. Can't wait to get one for myself!

Cheech
Cheech is offline   Reply With Quote