View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #52 (permalink)
Fezzik
Base Member

Drives: G37 Vert 6mt White
Fezzik has a spectacular aura aboutFezzik has a spectacular aura about

I thought this was a nice detail answer to someone's question on another board asking why i chose the GTM and difference in the tuner and turn key

Well Valid questions. I am not a specific fan of Stillen or GTM. I have heard of stillen a lot and a little about GTM. The fields infiniti here even had a g37 coupe with the Stillen S/C installed on it. It was nice. I even went for a test drive in it. I've read a lot on both and talked a lot to Josh at Stillen and Sam at GTM before making my decsion to go with GTM.
The Stillen kit looked to be a very quality s/c. The parts looked to be well made. You get a new intake manifold and the supercharger does mount on top driver side. The stillen kit is supposedly louder as well. This didnt bother me when I test drove the Stillen, it did not appear to be overbearing to me.
The stillen kit is on hold and not being sold at the moment until they get software figured out. The problem that people were having on other parts of the board is problems with the tuning. With the stillen kit you get the uprev software BUT you can not go and tune it yourself. It is locked by stillen. IF you want to tune it you have to buy the license for it which can be near a grand i think. Someone has tuned the stillen themselves and its working great showing that its more software issue than hardware. Stillen is right now on their 6th revision of the tune. ALso to get the warranty offered by Stillen yo have to use the CARB tune which is extremely restricted.

The GTM kit is a nice kit as well. I personally like the looks of it better. Less agressive with the s/c hidden down below and the intake tubes looking like cold air intakes. I got mine powder coated black as well. I also put a thermal coating on the intercooler to help with heat exchange. The GTM kit has had a couple of people installed with decent results. The only dyno other than GTM provided with their own car is on Shumby's (myG37.com) and it was on a 6psi pulley. He got really good results. In all honesty I felt more comfortable with the GTM kit. I also wanted a sleeper kinda of car too, so this worked as well.

The GTM turn key kit comes with everything and Sam will give you the updates that will work best for your car. You do a few runs with the uprev monitoring and SAM will adjust if needed.
The Tuner kit comes with everything that tuner kit comes with EXCEPT fuel system stuff (injectors, fuel pump) and no uprev cable or software license. The tuner kit was probably designed more for people who had the cobb access port (but now they are stopping support which sucks) and people who may have already had injectors or fuel pump done. Now if you hadnt done any of these things the Turn key will be cheaper by a long shot. Price difference between the 2 is about 700 dollars.
Fezzik is offline   Reply With Quote