View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinistr View Post
Bob - yes, your grasp of the obvious hasn't failed you again. I stated it should be 3-4 weeks and it took much longer than that. I have offered my apologies for this already. Would a repeat apology put this to bed for you?
Oh gosh...I can even grasp things that aren't so obvious.

However, it takes no special observational powers to grasp that you obviously have no intention of explaining why it's taken three months to get the missing trophies shipped out. I suspect, however, that any explanation now would likely be nothing but pure bovine scatology anyway so it's probably just as well to not bother explaining.

So thank you but no, I don't need another apology from ZCCA.

Apologies lose their meaning when they aren't followed by correcting, when possible, the problem(s) being apologized for. While nothing could have been done, post event, to correct the various problems I noted in my other thread (It's The People - ZCON 2010 ), getting the missing trophies out in a reasonable amount of time was one thing ZCCA could have done to make things right. Apparently, that was beyond ZCCA's abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinistr View Post
I am sure the 2011 committee is looking for dedicated volunteers to help put on next year's event. Perhaps you'd like to kick in several nights & weekends to help out before June's event next year?
After talking quite a bit with Bill Stokes at Z Nationals and here (through PMs) I think the 2011 convention is in good hands. I won't be at all surprised if the 2011 convention is better organized and better run than ZCON 2010 was and I wish nothing but the best for Coastal Z Club and Bill as they take this on.

That said, while I'm sure they are looking for volunteers (and I hope they find them), I have ZERO plans to involve myself with anything ZCCA is involved in.

As the old axiom goes - fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me.