View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Dustin@Z1
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: NLA
Dustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the rough

Good morning everyone!

I believe I have some explaining to do about our 370z oil change kits (both the OEM Ester Oil and the Redline 5w30) after a few discussions about it.

I will admit that a factory spec Oil Change does call for 5 1/8 (5.125) qts per oil change with filter (this is without an oil cooler mind you).

We initially began to supply our oil change kits with only 5 qts due to the fact that the remaining 0.125 of a quart not addressed seemed insignificant at the time.

Keep in mind. You are talking about a capacity equal to roughly 3~4 standard shot glasses. The dipstick itself has a 1" mark reading a HIGH and LOW reading. This range between the marks is equal to one whole quart. To visually read 1/8 of a quart, you would be looking for a measurement reading of exactly 1/8".

We felt that there was no need to supply a 6th qt of oil with EVERY oil change kit since you only needed an additional 1/8th of a quart. In theory (given that you do not spill any, etc) you can use that quart of oil for 8 total oil changes. We do sell individual quarts of both the Redline and OEM Ester on our website as well to solve this issue. It is my fault for not clearly stating this fact on our website. I will be sure to address that this morning.

Our ultimate goal is to supply the parts all of you need and want for the best prices possible. Unfortunately I dropped the ball on explaining our thought process on getting you the best price possible on these oil change kits.
Dustin@Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote