View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 09:34 PM   #59 (permalink)
Dark_Sub_Rosa
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT PP
Dark_Sub_Rosa will become famous soon enoughDark_Sub_Rosa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorylasts View Post
Hmm...like everyone is saying you probable should look into off camera lighting if you really want to get into night shots. Personally I like them better then day shots, but that is me, they also end up costing more interms of gear, but even during day shots you might need some extra light.

I would look at trying to do a setup of Alienbees.com the b800 lights, i havnt used these yet but have seen amazing photos come out with the use of them. You can get the triggers there also.

Currently I use
Canon 50D
Canon 28-105mm IS
Canon EF 50mm 1.4 Prime(~88mm on crop sensor a little deep for car photos imo)
2x 430EXII(lighting)
Pocket Wizards wireless triggering system (2x Flex, 1x Mini)

I also am planning on swaping some of my lighting set to get up on the Alienbees lights if I cant start producing what i want with the 430EXII's.

All in all lighting gets expensive, and hurts the mod fund. Also maybe if you pick up a lens with a lower f-stop value it might help... i usually shoot the 50mm at 1.8-2.2 unless the setting is pitch black then might bump it down. This also creates the DOF effect of having your subject on lock and the backgound blurred. Also, might want to try and keep your ISO down to 100 or close to it, usually helps if you dont already do that.

hope this helps.

Alienbees FTW! They are here in Nashville. They make great products.