Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #357 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
That is still weird though how I dont feel what you are describing... are you gonna try an oil cooler?
You're right. It is a very noticeable problem, and it is pretty bad during the summer. When I give it more gas, the exhaust gets loud, but the car doesn't budge (i.e., feels like accelerating in too high of a gear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
Getting an oil cooler made all the difference for me... have you considered getting one?
As weird as it sounds for ambient temps averaging upper 60s to lower 70s this time of year for daily driving, I may get one. Either way, I'll be getting one once I pull the trigger on the F.I. project early next year. I've been a bit hesitant to go F.I. because of these issues. Based on your experience, if the oil cooler keeps me under 200F in daily driving conditions and resolves these power cut issues I'll be happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
I'm not sure I'm buying into that story from the tech whole heartedly...
That's the weird thing. Some people get it and some people don't. Have you seen my YouTube video demonstrating the cut in power? It doesn't take hard driving to notice power being cut. However, as others may have jokingly mentioned, simply drive above 3k RPM and it'll be fine.