View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #46 (permalink)
Fezzik
Base Member

Drives: G37 Vert 6mt White
Fezzik has a spectacular aura aboutFezzik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstrnldr View Post
For the sc reservoir flip the bottom bracket and it will give you better clearance to the charge pipe. For the oil thermostat, it is designed to face the opposite angle. Pics in the instructions are hard to tell though. Everything else looks good!
The bracket is flipped. If it was flipped the other way it would be completely on the intake tubing. I'm goint to have to modify the brackets (elongate the holes with a dremel)

This is the only way the thermostat would go. I tried the opposite angle but I did not have room for it to go without hitting the oil cooler itself. The bracket forced the thermastat to be too close to th plactic piece. I saw the pics and diagrams. I also had a small issue with the s/c oil bracket. It did not line up with the rear brace at all I had to put it on the other side and use washers to keep the bracket from being torqed. May be a vert difference. Dont know.. Trust me. I spent a couple of hours trying to route those hoses every which direction. This was the least resistance and not rubbing on anything. It only took me 2 mins to dremel out.

Last edited by Fezzik; 10-25-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Fezzik is offline   Reply With Quote