Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 05:01 PM   #356 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Yea, 220F is the norm that I see when daily driving in 75F+ ambient (after 30min of freeway and stop-go city traffic). You would think they would start cutting power beyond that. My butt feels a difference in 2nd and 3rd around 200F. But yea, that pretty much explains why I can't light up the tires rolling in 1st when the oil temps are close to 220F.

At 23.5 MPG, you can sorta see what my driving habits are. It's just casual everyday driving. Even in that scenario the ECM is cutting power which can take my by surprise while making a turn or merging and having minor trouble keeping up with traffic (i.e., not as fast as anticipated).
I'm not sure I'm buying into that story from the tech whole heartedly. Yes the engine is going to cut back power indirectly by pulling timing as the intake temperatures rise, but not as severely as your car seemed to be experiencing. I mean I can beat on the car at auto-x or at a race track and have never really encountered the problems you are experiencing, and that was with the oil temp hovering between 240 and 260.