Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #352 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
i still think they secretly put varying levels of "engine protection" in without telling us. Like small steps in power reduction as oil temps creep past 210-220. its a possibility?!
Yea, 220F is the norm that I see when daily driving in 75F+ ambient (after 30min of freeway and stop-go city traffic). You would think they would start cutting power beyond that. My butt feels a difference in 2nd and 3rd around 200F. But yea, that pretty much explains why I can't light up the tires rolling in 1st when the oil temps are close to 220F.

At 23.5 MPG, you can sorta see what my driving habits are. It's just casual everyday driving. Even in that scenario the ECM is cutting power which can take my by surprise while making a turn or merging and having minor trouble keeping up with traffic (i.e., not as fast as anticipated).