View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiontrader View Post
I always think to myself when I drive the car (it's a DD), "this much driving fun for $36K must be illegal!" Nissan did the design right!

But with any car, there are issues. We know the big ones: oil consumption, oil temperature, road noise, etc.

Some nitnoid design issues have me scratching my head, however. I know someone earlier posted his "issues" with the car and got shat upon. So to get these things off my chest, I'm gonna throw out some really picky things while I put my flame suit on.

- Where's the sunglasses holder? I use the cubby (great spot for them!), but the map light area's huge - why couldn't have that been added? Need to look cool while driving the Z!
- The center console tab is perfectly position to be opened by your elbow when you're driving. Side location perhaps?
- AC Delco radios have two line displays, which are nice for SAT Radio. Even in cheap rentals (the Dodge Caliber), the stock display is two line, VFD... nice. The one-liner Bose... meh.

I bought the car as a DD for it's engine and sportiness, and I love it. But I also own it, so I think a little bit of self criticism is helpful. Flame away!
Very minor issues except for the overheating and whatnot.

Sunglasses holder? What car has one?

Don't like the radio display? The NAV more than makes up for it. Why are you looking at the radio display when you have a NAV to jack around with?

To me, the engine is the worst part about the 370Z based on my limited experience (very) with the car. Nissan breathed new life into something they should have replaced instead.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote