View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
I have a 2010, but with a base stereo. I will, someday, be changing the HU to one with camera capability. While I may find one with multiple camera inputs, I may not want to go that high end. Plus, if switching cameras involve more than 1 or 2 button (touch-screen) pushes, I don't think I'd find it practical. So, I was thinking of a single camera input, hopefully activated by selecting reverse gear. Then a switch on the center console to quickly select left or right cameras. A split view screen would be a nice alternative.

But, I am also curious if anyone has actually mounted side view cameras. Where? Have pics of the install?

Thanks!
oh, you have many more options if you go with an aftermarket HU. i'm sure if you do some research you can find something. are you looking for something from the side view mirrors back, ore more like something from the tail lights out to the side?
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote