View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #23 (permalink)
DeLRo
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 370Z MB T/S 6MT
DeLRo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontualZ View Post
I don't mean to take Delro's response, but I was able to get to that menu, so here is how I did it.
First you have to get it to the "diagnostic mode". I read someone's post, sorry I don't remember who wrote it. To do so push the start button once to get turn the car on, but not the engine, dont press down on the clutch or brake depending on your trans. Then turn off the radio. Hold down the settings button and turn the volume knob a couple of times until something similar to "system self test" and "confirmation" comes up on the screen. Click on confirmation and scroll down to camera. Click on camera syst type and you should get to that menu. I just did it on my 2010, so I'm not sure if it's the same procedure for 2009's
Hope that helps
Sorry for the late response Jeffblue. I didn't see the first time you asked. PontualZ is correct for the most part. Although I think you can do it with the starter in the ON position or with the engine running. Turn off your radio, hold down setting button and turn volume control counter-clockwise about 3-4 full turns until the screen changes. You will be taken to a diagnostics screen where you can access numerous features.

Here are the camera adjustments....

Once you make changes just turn your radio back on and the system will reboot with the new settings.
If you turned the camera settings to on, then after you reboot and shift into reverse you will see this screen.

I'm currently working with someone who is assisting me in creating a harness to plug in without any mods to the current wiring. As soon as I test it I will get a DIY going and talk to the guy to see if he's interested in producing a few kits to make it easier on everyone. From the work I've seen it'll be as good as OEM with no additional drilling, wiring, or soldering. Just plug-n-play and quite possibly for 1/2 the $$$ from the factory.
DeLRo is offline   Reply With Quote