View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
optiontrader
Track Member

Drives: 40th
optiontrader is on a distinguished road
Default LOVE this car!!! Umm... sunglasses holder? Center console tab? Bose display?

I always think to myself when I drive the car (it's a DD), "this much driving fun for $36K must be illegal!" Nissan did the design right!

But with any car, there are issues. We know the big ones: oil consumption, oil temperature, road noise, etc.

Some nitnoid design issues have me scratching my head, however. I know someone earlier posted his "issues" with the car and got shat upon. So to get these things off my chest, I'm gonna throw out some really picky things while I put my flame suit on.

- Where's the sunglasses holder? I use the cubby (great spot for them!), but the map light area's huge - why couldn't have that been added? Need to look cool while driving the Z!
- The center console tab is perfectly position to be opened by your elbow when you're driving. Side location perhaps?
- AC Delco radios have two line displays, which are nice for SAT Radio. Even in cheap rentals (the Dodge Caliber), the stock display is two line, VFD... nice. The one-liner Bose... meh.

I bought the car as a DD for it's engine and sportiness, and I love it. But I also own it, so I think a little bit of self criticism is helpful. Flame away!

40th Anniversary Z - 3M Paint Protection Film, CA Legal Tint! (70/40)
optiontrader is offline   Reply With Quote