View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 09:38 AM   #51 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

I think anyone who criticizes the Z as not meeting their performance expectations never really had realistic expectations in the first place. The Z is very quick off the line. Compare it to Ferraris from 10 years ago and it's not far off their times. Considering the amount of safety equipment loaded into cars of this generation and the additional weight those systems add, it's incredible what the cars can do. With regard to handling, the Z really only understeers if you've cooked your turn. On the track, it's impressively balanced. If you guys are understeering like pigs, you need to learn to utilize the middle pedal more before you turn in.

Overall, I'm extremely impressed with my Z and it meets or exceeds all of my expectations. It's easy to read about Ferrari Italias, Bugatti Veyrons, and Ariel Atoms and then start feeling like we have a slow car. But with realistic expectations, this car is a true performer. The fact we even try comparing it to supercars says something about the Z's abilities.

Do yourself a little mental-realignment favor. Next time you're on the streets, count how many cars you see before you find one that outperforms the Z. Even in downtown Chicago, the Z is outperforms 99% of the cars you'll see.