View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 09:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
ProfessorDave
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In the fairway
ProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud of
Default Update - Same Code Again

OK, so a fwe weeks after clearing the P0300 (random/multiple cylinder misfire) the MIL came on again this morning. The conditions were almost identical to the first time (temps in the 40's, damp after overnight rain).

This time I did not clear the code. I have an oil change appt. at a dealership I've heard is Z and mod friendly (I haven't owned the car long enough to have been to any dealership) in 2 weeks, and want to see if the MIL goes off on its own. The idle speed is up (1000 - 1100 rpms), which, from what I've read, is often related to a vacuum leak when this code is thrown.

Here is my dilemma: Do I leave the light on and have the dealership service dept. address it (with the slight chance they may blame tampering with the EVAP canister - the cover was removed and a line heat wrapped as part of the FI exhaust install), or just clear it again (the idle returned to normal when I cleared the code last time).

I'm open to any thought you guys might have

Rain, snow, sleet, hail: 2009 Mazda 3 sGT HB
Everything else: 2009 370z, PW Touring 6MT
ProfessorDave is offline   Reply With Quote