View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 07:24 AM   #55 (permalink)
failingboy
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Sport 6M
failingboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slynky View Post
Well, being somewhat anal-retentive, I scour the lot for just the right spot. The best spots (IMO) are the completely on the end farthesst from the doors the public uses. If the lot has been marked with slashed lines at the ends of the parking spots, parking with the left or right side about a foot over them usually leaves a good 4+ feet on the side where another car can park. These are the best.

Some places have curbs instead. Then I search around looking for one that had a mistake when painting (or measurements didn't allow enough room for one more spot so the last one is bigger).

I never park diagonally over two spots. That makes you an butthole even though it's unlikely anyone will ever want to use one of them way out in the middle of no where. I would also say it invites someone to intentionally do something to your car BECAUSE you took up two spots as if you're special or something.

At work, our of about 8,000 spots in our covered parking garage, there is ONE (and only ONE) spot between two concrete walls. Any person authorized to park in there can spend an extra $25 per month to have a spot reserved. So, I pay that amount and make sure no one can park next to me.

And to finish, whenEVER I return home having the car out, I go over the front end and mirrors looking for bug stains that I remove with quick detailer as soon as possible. I also have a plastic baggie with a small spritzer bottle and two microfibers in the trunk that I use if I need to while out on a trip.

When I traded my 06 RSX in, the manager came over to me and said he had to tell me that was the cleanest/nicest car he had ever taken in trade.

I keep a lint roll behind the passenger seat.

I just like my car looking best she can all the time.
Wow, that's dedicated. I'm the same way, but usually get crazy looks when I say anything about it. I traded an '05 RSX for the Z
failingboy is offline   Reply With Quote