View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
G Fo12ce
Premium Member

Drives: Sold!
G Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDW1479 View Post
Because research has shown that the HKS filter is a peice of crap when filtering. K&Ns rate much higher. I'm sure the intake tubing is 2.5" or 3" in diameter, which a K&N filter will fit.
Are you refering to that test that was done like 10 years ago with a vaccuum claener and is still pasted on some Supra forum lol? They were selling parts private label to OEM's and to meet certain standards had to redesign those elements. This was several years ago and the filter is much better now. Where is the current research?

I think this is what you are reffering to. Notice the text at the bottom that states: - Extracts of this article have been transcribed from a Japanese article featured in Revspeed Magazine, August 1999.

With all due respect not trying to pick on you at all. I think you could still argue some filters like AEM and K&N could show differences in filtering but I think you have to be fair. There is something called progress and that info is old. To answer your question I think it will be hard as the HKS filter is very compact length wise.

Last edited by G Fo12ce; 10-23-2010 at 10:14 AM.
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote