View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeroni View Post
I am 56 and it is time for a new car. I have finally reached an age and position that permits me to get pretty much whatever I want, and having looked around...I want a Z!

I have owned a long list of cars by now, only two of which can really be considered 'sporty' -- the 1970 Opel GT and 1980 Mazda RX7. Other cars came close, but these two were the only honest to God 2-seaters with more fun than practicality in mind.

I have been drooling over Z's since the 300Z came to the US in the mid 80's. How did I get along without one? Easy. Motorcycles. In spite of the fact that my daily driver had to be practical, what with having to drive around small children and all, I have dabbled in bikes for years. I am a card carrying member of the Iron Butt Association and spend well above average time on a 2-wheeled intercontinental ballistic missile every year.

I am hoping that The370Z.com forum provides me with the information and support I need to find the right Z and enjoy it to the fullest.

Thanks for listening... Mackeroni
56 here myself, funny how we tend to gravitate to the same machines. I had two different friends that had Opal GTs and a 1980 RX-7