View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
NXTAZEE
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 7AT
NXTAZEE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sub_Rosa View Post
I wasn't referring to those settings. When you take a photo, even in full manual mode on the camera, if you are shooting a jpg the camera automatically makes slight adjustments as to what it thinks the photo should look like, more advanced settings that you edit in RAW, the camera is doing that for a jpg. If you ever shot in RAW+jpg you can look at the exact same photo you took and the jpg looks different than the RAW file. It isn't just a more editable file, it's actually different. Although it's minor adjustments it's still not the exact same photo side by side with the RAW and the Jpg. The camera makes way more decisions for you than you think even when shooting full manual if not in RAW.
I see. I have never looked that closely I guess. Unfortunately my camera doesn't take both at one time, as it is a relatively inexpensive DSLR.
2010 Carbon Silver 370Z 7AT charcoal int. sports package | Clear Bra | Invidia Gemini CBE | CF B-Pillars | CF Fangs | CF Z emblems | Swift Springs | 20mm & 25mm Spacers | SPC Camber Arms | Brushed Aluminum shift knob
NXTAZEE is offline   Reply With Quote