View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #184 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by katillidie View Post
i take great offense to this statement...i am a nissan tech, tomorrow i will be performing the oil consumption bulletin on an o6 350z... i follow all guidelines and torque specs that nissan has provided in the service manual... as for nissan and the short block instead of a long block.. the bulletin specifically states if the vehicle fails oil consumption test it gets a short block and full gasket set, and honestly i think the only way to get a long block would be to complain to nissan directly, the dealer really doesn't have any say, because there is a specific billetin for the problem...
It wasn't meant to be offensive, just a statement. I'm sure you are a very good tech but for engine assembly I would would prefer an engine builder, i.e. someone that does it day in and day out, not once a month or more.