View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #35 (permalink)
G Fo12ce
Premium Member

Drives: Sold!
G Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackley View Post
I was just working on putting in the SWI-PS and this thread came in handy. Here is the plug diagram so you know what # wire is which..
Thanks for the diagram. I noticed the harness for my Pioneer AVIC-X920BT has a speed signal wire. I assume for those ECCO functions. Can I tap pin 18 marked speed on the factory plug for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleks View Post
Okay stupid question. When installing the SWI-JACK or SWI-PS are you cutting the wires going into the factory male plug that connects to the OEM head unit (via a female receptacle), or does the SWI-* unit provide a female plug with wires that you then cut? I'd prefer not to cut the factory wiring harness, and would like to simply extend the wiring with another plug in the middle.
Yes it's the factory plug to the stock radio, not the one you buy to marry to the new head unit harness. You can cut it if you want otherwise you just need to tap into it. Cutting is not neccessary though. No extra plug/harness provided by PAC but you can get 2,3,4 ect pin harness with a loop of wiring you can cut to lenth and electronic supply stores. I got one for $2.
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote