View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #58 (permalink)
Scott @ RA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Ridiculously Fast
Scott @ RA has a spectacular aura aboutScott @ RA has a spectacular aura about

^^ As everything and everyone else... they ALSO are only available for the fronts.

So, after all this time there are now 5 companies that I know of in the world that make (just) a front two piece rotor for the Akebono Sport brakes. (which is much easier than the rear). Yet still none of these companies besides (little old us) Relentless Autosports has put the time, effort, and money into offering a matching rear 2 piece rotor, and none of the other companies even offer a full floating option for their fronts . Not to mention the non-steller quality of material used by most of these companies in everything from the hardware, to the material (iron alloy) used in the casting of the outer rotor piece . I expected better.

I am a little discouraged by this, mainly because with us being a small manufacturer without the luxuries that some of these bigger brake companies have... it is hard to justify the very slight profit margin that we make off of our RA rotors. When we use superior material and still are very competitively priced, if not lower priced than the competition.... I was hoping there would be a worthy front and rear option out there by now other than ours so we can stop making these. The time involved, work involved, and material costs alone are hardly worth it.

Last edited by Scott @ RA; 10-22-2010 at 02:05 PM.