View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
imag
Enthusiast Member

Drives: up the wall
imag will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by caneman88 View Post
I'm doing the upgrade right now with factory nav having issues with the output of the HU getting clean signals
I've had 2 Alpine amps installed 1 PDX 4-100 bridged powering the Focal 165 KP front speakers and a Alpine V-power mono 300 watt powering the JL 10"sub but something doesn't sound perfect as it should with the upgrades still working on it. Custom Sounds and I have about 32 labor hours invested.
They seem to think there is some DSP chip built into the HU so not as clean as aftermarkrt unit. I had a 06 Civic w/factory Nav did the same thing and it rocked.
Not sure what to do now keep tweaking? JL audio make a product call clean sweep takes all signals from factory HU to flat and work up from there.
Sounds like Bose stuff alright. Not only do they give you crap equipment - they sabotage it so you can't hook anything decent to it.

The fact that the "upgraded" sound system was Bose was the primary reason I didn't go for the Touring package. Good luck with the install - it sounds like it should be sweet if you can get it working.
imag is offline   Reply With Quote