View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #74 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsteve View Post
Now the delay everyone is talking about I only feel if Im in regular drive and low rpms and stomp on the gas, then it takes a sec to kick in. But if I know I want to zoom zoom, I put it in paddle mode and drop a gear or two to get the rpms up (just like a stick shift would have to do) and when I step on it then the car just goes. Even a stick will be slugish if its not in the right gear and rpms.
Yea, but my problem is that I can literally floor it in 1st and 2nd and it doesn't pull hard at all. You can view my YouTube video in the Gas Pedal Delay thread. I recorded some clips showing how I can break loose my tires on a roll in 1st when "cool," record the speed the car revs up in 1st and 2nd, and then show it again when things are "hot." The video will show you that on a roll in 1st and 2nd, the car revs up slow as if throttle isn't even opening up. That's why I don't think SB will help my situation.

I'm perfectly fine with the throttle response of this car immediately once the car warms up after start up. Then after driving for awhile the throttle response becomes sluggish to the point I find myself trying to give it more gas to get it to go anywhere. It's bad when temps are hot out there.

Sorry for going OT in this thread, but just to make things clear about throttle delay versus not getting power when applying 50-80% throttle on a roll. I'm going for another test drive with the tech this afternoon since it's warmer.

[EDIT] Drats... had to reschedule. Hopefully it doesn't get any colder.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 10-21-2010 at 04:56 PM.