Thread: my Z broke down
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburnZ View Post
hi guys, thanks for all your inputs, opinions and comments...the engine still revs when i step on the gas pedal, but it still wont go forward even if we cooled it down..i didnt hear any clacking or grinding sound, we were thinking if my tranny got busted...i dont think its brake fluid because it would have definitely damaged the paint on my door and rear fender...we had to tow my car to the pit and the brakes were working fine while they were towing it, no locking or whatsoever....the fluid sprayed on my car because this happened while my car is still running fast on the track, btw, my friends Z had no problems and he is even driving harder than me...he was also driving in drive mode...he has around 700 miles on his car...i cant claim warranty since my car is not bought from a local nissan dealer since nissan philippines doesnt carry the Z here, i bought mine from the gray market who had it imported from las vegas....anyway, ill know in a few hours whats the real problem. its 5am here, will keep you guys posted. thanks again..

just to add, i wasnt even really driving it that hard i think, never revved above 6k rpm for sure...
Wow, this is turning into a real mystery. Well, good luck man, I hope it turns out to be something very simple (and inexpensive). Keep us updated. You don't suppose it might just be radiator fluid, do you? Like maybe there's some sort of failsafe in the ECU that prevents you from continuing to drive it when it detects that the radiator fluid is low?
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote