Thread: STS Systems
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #401 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunzero View Post
Yea exactly. 10k for turbo + 7k upgrade/tun + another 3k for shipping.
10k gets you a tune, upgrades are as you need them, oil cooler is right away along with some gauges. 3k for shipping? WTF, no.

Lets break it down
-TT kit: 8-10k for kit, 3k for install, 3k for needed upgrades - Total of 14k-16k
That is about what most have been paying to do a good clean install and be safe with proper upgrades.

-STS kit: 6.5k, 3k for install, 3k for needed upgrades, does the kit come with a tune if not a possible 1k there for tuning, unknown kit design with possible problems we will throw in another 1k - Total of 12500-14500
This is a untested kit on our car and clearly no support on the forum yet from the makers of this kit. Also, unwated low pipes on the underside of the car may cause issues down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dembflyr View Post
Maybe this needs it's own thread but.... What else would you need to add to the GTM turn key kit to make it right.
The kit is about $8k. A proper 3" exhaust is about $2k. Clutch is another $2k. That's $12,000 right there. Is there really another $8k that needs to be spent to do it "right"?
Edit: I know I left out installation and that alone is probably close to $3k when all is said and done. I do my own work so I didn't think about that part.
You are about right with your estimate, the 15k-17k number is thrown around because the first TT installs were about that. Though those guys all had shops do the work and did 'extras' that may not be required. Such as replace the stock gauges with aftermarket, a lot of labor to tear that down.

I am not putting this kit down or anything, but from the pictures I see, you get savings of around 2k for a single turbo setup that is under the car. I would spend the extra 2k on piece of mind and knowing I have good vendors here that support the current TT kits and will jump in to help in anyways possible.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote