View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
SeattleLion
Base Member

Drives: '13 Mustang GT Prem.
SeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 2010 touring/sport with navi and AT. I love the AT. When I floor the pedal, the AT lets the engine go all the way to the redline before shifting. It's automatic downshifts are a little rough, but feel to me exactly like what I would do with a manual shifter. The paddle shifting is fun. It's only issue is that there is a short (less than a second) delay after pulling the paddle and the gear changing. The AT has RPM synch, so downshift is as good as I could do with MT. The sport model with MT also comes with automatic sync.

The navi is really fine. It's a Toshiba in the 2010 with a hi-res screen, audio and video inputs (for a DVD player), USB input with iPod interface. I had a backup camera installed and it works perfectly with the navi screen.

In spirited street driving I get the oil temp up to about 240 at the highest. Because of the discussions about boiling brake fluid (the wheel wells are not really ventilated), I am swapping (being done as we speak) the rubber brake lines for SS and changing brake fluid the AP Racing DOT 5.1 (the only AP fluid certified to work with ABS). The tires are summer Bridgestone Portenza's. Ok year round in Hawaii . I changed mine out to All season Michelin Pilots.

So far (1,700 miles and a month and a half into owning my Z) there have been no issues. This is my fourth Nissan. I had a 240Z -- one of the first--a 1996 Pathfinder, a 2004 Pathfinder, and now a 2010 370Z. I have no complaints at all about the quality of the cars or the dealer responsiveness.
SeattleLion is offline   Reply With Quote