View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 11:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
I've had 8 Datsun/Nissans in the past 30 years. I bought the 370 based upon reliability. Since May it has had more nights in the shop than 7 of my other cars combined. Five trips to the dealership, combined with Nissan USA, has convinced me never to buy another, based solely upon their solutions and service. Aside from this (Mrs. Lincoln) it is a fun car.
Every company makes a lemon. I found that out myself. My X gf will no-longer own a ford (Has an engineering degree and works in that field, FWIW), based on her problems/experience with Ford at the corporate level.

I am VERY leery of GM due to my 2001 WS6 being a total POS.

My Infiniti is now having suspension issues.

My friend's Integra with just a fart-can on it was almost always dead in the driveway.

The only vehicles I had good luck with? Ford. Everything else breaks, and is expensive to fix. Ford made stuff right (except those 4-speed autos. Those were a pile, and the non SHO Taurus.)

However, Ford doesn't make anything I want, and now the GT500 crowd has a TON of issues with them.

End opinion? I will buy what I want and hope for the best. However, when Hyundai puts their nearly 430bhp V8 in the Genesis Coupe, I will be VERY interested to see what the base 'vette, 370Z,mustang GT, etc. crowd have to say...
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote