Thread: Nissan Maxima
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
GM_Traitor3.5
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 GT/Brembo 6MT
GM_Traitor3.5 is a splendid one to beholdGM_Traitor3.5 is a splendid one to beholdGM_Traitor3.5 is a splendid one to beholdGM_Traitor3.5 is a splendid one to beholdGM_Traitor3.5 is a splendid one to beholdGM_Traitor3.5 is a splendid one to beholdGM_Traitor3.5 is a splendid one to beholdGM_Traitor3.5 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
So next week I open a savings account strictly for my car buying fund. The plan is next fall grab a good deal on a left over nissan maxima.

Anyone here own one or know someone that has one? "newer one of course"

Some may be asking why not a z? Simply put I can not afford the z. For my civic last year for full coverage was almost 610 but with two accidents coming off this winter this will help my insurance rates. But with a sports car they would almsot be in the 600 mark again. Plus the passenger room and the style of the front lights is like a z which I like. I will be getting the sports package for the suspension the HID's and rear led tail lights alos the leather.
I bought my 2010 Maxima SV in April this year and love it. 290hp VQ35DE-K absolutely screams. The CVT takes some getting used to, but after a few weeks you barely notice it. Manual mode via the console shifter or paddles in the SV Sport model are lightning quick.

The front seats are phenomenal. Huge side bolsters, tons of leg room in the front and rear seats, and lots of head room even with the sun roof. I'm 6'5" and I have more than enough room. The Bose 9 speaker stereo sounds great as well.

Honestly, I got my car for a steal. Sticker price on the SV with cold weather pkg was about 35K and I was able to get them down to 28,800. If you're looking to do some mods, the aftermarket is a bit small for the 7th gen Max at this point. Feel free to PM me if you want and I can give you some more details.