Thread: Considering a Z
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 11:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
fly yellow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 yellow 370z
fly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond repute

I would go towards the end of the month and be looking at a Z that they have on their lot. If they sold you the car brand new for 32K they are going to be hard pressed to sell it used for 30K, so you are asking them to make nothing on your trade, probably even take a loss. You have to look at the fact that right now Nissan has over 2K in rebates on the Max. Most dealears will come down at least another 3K, so somebody could buy a new one for 30K. I took a bath on my CTS when I traded it in. I got a diminished value claim from an insurance company because it was rear ended right before I got rid of it, so that helped, and I didn't mind forking over some cash because I wanted to get away from a GM car.

In the likely event that they come back with 26 or 27k for your Max, then don't despair. You have a great car. I talked my father into the Max. He was thinking about another Toyota Camry. I went with him to buy it because he doesn't speak so well since he had a stroke a couple years ago. That's when I saw the Z and knew I had to have one. I did drive my dad's Maxima and I love the car. If they still came with a manual I may have considered one for the practicality and the fact that they were taking over 7k off sticker.
fly yellow is offline   Reply With Quote