Thread: Bad Dealer
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
fly yellow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 yellow 370z
fly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond repute

It's ridiculous to not let you sit in the car, but I wish the dealers around me would be a little more stringent with the test drives, and I wish people would be a little more stringent about taking them. I've read a lot of posts on this forum about people going on multiple test drives, and they say they are "seriously considering" buying one. One nice test drive should do, and wait until you are actually ready to buy. I test drove one car, and I was ready to buy. I didn't buy from that dealer because he was way off on price and it wasn't my preffered color, but I would have taken it if he wowed me with the price. I test drove the car I ended up buying, but only because it had 300 miles on it from a bunch of non-buyers that just wanted to take a Z for a spin. The dealership even said they were tired of people just coming in to take test drives.

I know that nobody really likes car dealers or salesmen, but they do work on commission, and you're just wasting their time and miling up someone elses ride with multiple test drives. You know if you can afford the car and you know if a deal can work for you. If you're going to wait for the 2010s to come out, then wait until then to test drive one.
fly yellow is offline   Reply With Quote