Thread: Clutch Rattle
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 10:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
DOOMMONKEY777
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 6psd-sport-pkg
DOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok. first of all, if u have the rattle sound on 1st 2nd and 3rd gears u cant shift and if u hear it in 4th 5th and 6th gears u should kill yourself. Now that sad plz allow me to explain my self i recently purchased a 2010 nissan 370z i had that rattle since day 1 and since i live in new york city Bk (not Burger King ) its all stop sign every 100 yards or less i currently put over 900 miles on it, every time i take it out i practice shifting and that rattle is always the same and also gear grinding on 3rd and 5th until i drive for about an hour and it dissipates i don't hear it anymore and am like WTF? Where is it? so then i turn to the post as i read the post everyone has this problem so am thinking ( Duh) read the damn manual see what the manufacturer says and they say that if u do hear rattle ur shifting is wrong basically 1) the clutch has to be in all the way in every shift maybe not 5th to 6th but definetly 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 2) when u shift the gears u must give half a sec delay between shifts like 1 to N (pause on N for about half of a sec then) N to 2 then when rdy back to N (pause on N for about half of a sec then) N to 3 when rdy 3 to N and so on this shifting technique is done when ur moving slow basically the faster you drive the faster the shifting has to get. 3) this is the most important thing is the connection when you let go of the clutch must be smooth ( sometimes when u feel the cars tranny connect to the flywheel dont let go too early but wait about half a sec to sec for them to synchronize then let it go ) it takes practice but remember practice makes it perfect i drive now barely ever hearing the rattle. As soon as i start to f@ck up the rattle comes back cold or hot tranny tried it on both. So try this out tell me what are ur results.
DOOMMONKEY777 is offline   Reply With Quote