View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #41 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
Managers have to be somewhat technical, but also know how to manage people properly and leverage their available talent pool. I've had managers who do one well but fail spectacularly at the other. And most of the ones I've had that do both well either get burnt out by it or get stabbed in the back by one of their "colleagues".
you have valid point. Just because you know how to speak a foreign language, doesn't mean you can teach it. Just because you know a lot about an industry, doesn't mean you can manage the north east division of it etc. You need to know both. but i'd be more likely to heed the words of someone who had a lot of experience in the industry over some fresh college grad telling me about CRM and every other abbreviation they read out of their textbook.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote