View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #28 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
The best marketing minds don't go to school for marketing!
I agree. Not to generalize, but most of the marketing majors in my school were ditsy girls and gay guys. Management was the other major that kind of annoyed me. I think a good manager, first and foremost, has to know a lot about the field in which they are a manager. you can know all the 3 letter management jargon in the world, if you don't know anything about Steel, you won't be a good manager in a steel manufacturing company. Same thing with marketing. While there is definitely something to be said for ad agencies etc which come up with brilliant ideas of how to sell a product, i think a good product sells itself. Of course, a good product will sell more with good marketing, but if you paint turd gold, its still turd. and the people i met in those majors had this attitude of like 'oh it doesn't matter if i don't know anything about the specific field i plan to enter or anything about its products, i'm a hot shot, i can sell/manage anything.

finance<3
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote