View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
I'd rather have any of the above than ANY teenager driving on the same roads as I. I haven't been exposed to how poorly this age group drives until recently, but it's just horrendous. I have no idea why they let some people drive to begin with. It ought to be an even more exclusive "privilege."
We all had to start somewhere, though.

Texters are a huge problem, BUT, the real problem is that people don't pay attention to the road. It's been an issue since well before MMS. Road maps, lipstick, hamburgers, coffee, laptops, passengers...

MD legislation is in order right now that states that holding a phone to your ear while driving is against the law. However, it's ok to use a wireless head set. What this has effectively done is drive the market up for bluetooth headsets while doing nothing to fix the problem. Whether you hold the phone to your ear, talk over bluetooth, or hold a conversation with the passengers sitting next to and behind you, it doesn't f*cking matter. The problem is that you should be focused on the road. So the State of MD officially endorses spending excess money on a bluetooth gismo that you don't f*cking need, while the accident rate stays the same.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote