View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 09:27 AM   #2128 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Jumped on Stillen parts in a heartbeat when I first purchased the car due to the long term branding of the name and favorable expose in various medias. My expectations were simple: fit, finish, performance and association with a proven winner.

Unfortunately, I got none of the above. Nothing fit properly, the overall quality was below average and everything underperformed Stillens reported gains. It was their front man Kyle who chuckled at me saying the exhaust/headers were installed improperly (hint: I've built entire engines and will help crew a 2300hp Xtreme 10.5 car at the ADRL world finals this weekend). At the same time numerous other ongoing reports of ill fitting products were being posted. He finally admitted to: "being the marketing person and not an engineer" and that an "engineer" would call me. No one called and I'd like to see the SAE credentials of whomever didn't call as I seriously doubt the credentials exist.

The straw that broke my 370Z's camel's back and added insult was the inability to properly tune the car. The fact Cobb has discontinued the AccessPort for the 370Z speaks volumes and adds another entry to my useless/worthless car parts inventory.

A bit more salt was rubbed into the wounds as the Stillen products I purchased appear to have very low resale value or none at all. The intake went first, someone offered me 1/2 of what I paid for the 4 month old headers and the CBE so far is a boat anchor with no takers at a $700.00 offering. Thinking about putting the exhaust back on vs sitting in a corner unused.

What's the phrase: "buyer beware." Tuff love in my book. Still like the car, just not what I bought into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Denny, I commend you for being respectful and its too bad that you've been in that situation with all your parts. My experience with Stillen so far has been better than with any other vendor. They have been a phone call away ever since I first talked to them back in early '09. My Stillen products have also been top notch. The bolt-on's I had made great power and now my Supercharger, I think its the highest HP SC 370z out there.

Its crazy that the two of us can install the same parts and talk to the same people and have such different results. Maybe we just have different expectations, but mine have been met.
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote