View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #50 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
For those of you who have done shoots using models with the cars, what kind of tips can you give for proper composition, lighting, background, poses, etc? My fiancee and I are going to do a shoot together real soon, maybe this weekend, but I must say I am lacking in the model photography skills department.
Just remember to give her exact directions on how you want to compose the shot. It's one of those things that you really have to try a lot of different compositions to get a few good ones. The technical stuff is easier, just remember the car is the subject, not the girl. Unless of course that was your intent. Bounce the light as much as you can to get softer shadows. Night shots are cool, but a lot tougher when people are involved. Long exposure shots with someone standing perfectly still is a challenge if you want to give that a shot. Before setting out, it would be advisable to scope out possible locations before hand to get a feel for the type of emotion you want to convey. That way you don't waste your time if in the end you aren't satisfied with the results.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote