View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisuke149 View Post
You are assuming then that each and every CSC was built exactly the same to be in perfect working order. If we were so lucky on everything that nissan put into this car then no one woul dhave an issues period.

but then some people burn alot of oil
some people have sensor issues
some people have rattles
some have clutch issues
some have gear issues.

Its not a widespread 99% of people will have the problem.. I think Nissan's QC is good enough to prevent that from happening, but every company has issues with a small % of its things.

Think of anything that every went wrong on a car or product of yours. I guarantee you that you will be in the minority compared to people who didnt. Does that mean that you were the problem with it (whatever it was)?
Perhaps I didn't convey my opinion well in the first post. The clutch is a relatively fragile aspect of any manual transmission car that will readily be destroyed if improperly used. With the heresay available on this forum, the explanation of a defective CSC is just as likely as driver-induced destruction. Until people post videos of their clutching technique, it will remain a hazy area. I merely stated my suspicion that driver use/misuse may be a factor.

The OP is having a problem that many many other owners who track their Zs will never experience. I don't want people reading the OP's thread thinking that a clutch upgrade is a mandatory part of tracking the Z. It's not.

Last edited by spearfish25; 10-18-2010 at 03:21 PM.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote