View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Driving through a puddle isn't quite the same as hitting it directly with a continuous stream of cold water from a hose. A sporadic splash of water isn't really going to hurt, as the water will probably vaporize on contact anyway. Plus, as you continue driving and apply the brakes, the pads will wipe away the water. What I have in mind is more along the lines of something that happened to a friend of mine. He was out one day with his gf, and as they headed home he told her he wanted to wash his car. So he pulls into the driveway and goes inside to put away some stuff, take a leak etc. Meanwhile, his gf thought she'd be helpful and pull the hose out. She sat there blasting each of his brake rotors non-stop because, in her words, she thought 'it was cool how they sizzled and steam came shooting out of the wheels when she hosed them off'. By the time she was done, the rotors weren't even warm anymore -- they were cold. And sure enough, my friend's rotors were completely ruined.

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded story. The only point I'm trying to make here is that when I mentioned hosing them off, I wasn't thinking of a little splash like you might get from driving through a puddle. I was thinking of a complete soaking along the lines of what happened to my friend.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote