View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
ZforMe
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Sport Auto PG
ZforMe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Oh and ZforMe, any advice on launching the 7AT from your trips? So far my best street-surface launches have been to hold the car with the footbrake and bring it up to about 1800 rpm, then let the brake go and nail it. I think with a stickier track surface I might be able to do that at 2K+ without too much wheelspin, we'll see.
This is probably too late, but here's what i've found:

Holding the foot brake down and pushing the gas, the rpm's will climb to about 3 or 3.5, at which point a computer says "not good", and limits the rpm's back down and plants them at 1.5. You can do this before you're all the way staged and just launch at this point (1.5). However, my best run was done by timing the brake/gas pedal/lights just right. Try to time it so that as the yellow lights are droping, you're hitting the 3.5 mark, so it will drop to say 2 - 2.5 at green light. This sorta happened accidentally for me on the 13.2 run, but it produced the best results. Rear tires were at apx. 26lbs.