Thread: theDreamer's Z
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Time for another review.

Fast Intentions Exhaust (12" resonators & SS mufflers) with Fast Intentions Long Tube Headers:
-The car has has a much deeper tone and both aggressive in nature and overall volume. I will honestly say I had a few people turn heads with my previous exhaust setup, but this system I have people walking up to my car and watching as I just pull through parking lots.

Start up (cool mornings) - The car is a bit loud but within 15 seconds it is down to a nice volume and tone. This is partially due to the LTHs I would assume, but definitely a great sound to have.
Morning driving - The sound is very good with a hint of rasp while the car & exhaust is still warming up. Overall though it stays quiet in the morning until I push it above 4k which is great when I am just waking up and getting out of the neighborhood.
Afternoon/Evening - Car is warm, exhaust is warm, this exhaust absolutely is a dream. I thought the LTHs with 12" res might be a bit to loud just driving around town but it definitely is not, for me. Cruising you get a nice exhaust note throughout the cabin and can just put your foot down and get it all.

The only downside I have had with this exhaust was when I was stuck in traffic for over an hour not moving at all and my car was starting to get extra hot. My revs were slowly climbing and just sitting there was a bit of a pain, but really ever since that single instance it never has happened. I have been stuck one other time for awhile in traffic and it was fine. Probably was the huge pick up truck in front of me that was pumping hot air into my car.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote