Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #300 (permalink)
IcedZ
Base Member

Drives: 09 370 Yellow, 6MT
IcedZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFDeHgWn0OQ

The first half of the video demonstrates quick and casual depress of the pedal to the floor. When I say "quick" or "slow," that is when I start pressing down on the pedal. You will hear 2 clicks from the pedal, one hitting the floor, and one when it is fully released.

The next half demonstrates a quick stab of the pedal to the floor in 1st and 2nd gear under normal conditions and after the extended period of driving (i.e., driving home from work).

Impressions
S-Mode or VDC does not appear to have any effect in holding revs. Regardless of the mode, the revs slowly climb, hang, and slowly return to idle when the engine is "hot." Also, the response is slower than usual as the engine does not easily rev past 2k RPM. Under "normal" conditions, the engine revs quicker easily beyond 3k RPM, the rise and fall is quicker, and it does not hang. After a cool down, it appears "normal" response returns, but it is no where near as good.

In normal conditions, I can literally peel out and go side ways for a moment from a roll in 1st. After an extended period of driving, I can barely get the car to budge in 1st. It feels like accelerating in 2nd from a standstill.

Now in 2nd gear, you can really see how slow the revs build up when the engine is "hot."

Unfortunately, I could not demonstrate the throttle delay. It was hard to hold the camera. If I demonstrate it with the tech, I will literally floor it while making a turn to prove the car will not burn rubber or go side ways.
I'll get video later today. Mine is basically identical!
IcedZ is offline   Reply With Quote