View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 10:06 AM   #2101 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Afraid I’m going to have to respectively disagree regarding Stillens “extensive” R+D and testing program. Basically dropped out of this list and in fact tried to trade my Z for a new 5.0 Mustang. The fly in the ointment was the Ford dealership wanted my Z for nothing.

Almost every single thing I’ve purchased (especially from Stillen) either didn’t fit properly or didn’t work properly. And, especially did not produce the advertised results. Stillen headers, intake, oil cooler, CBE, Cobb tuner, etc. etc. etc. None of it is on the car currently. The only thing I can give five stars to were the Berk cats and the Stillen underdrive pulley. (which I’m sure Sillen doesn’t make)

Stillen’s support was virtually null and had the balls to try and blame me for the headers and exhaust not fitting right due to the install. (ya, me and dozens of others boogered up the install)

The bottom line is after six months of not being on this list I’ve read this entire string in disbelief and frustration. Very sorry to hear how incompetent some of the aftermarket manufacturers are and that more people do not avoid them.

Signed: a future old fart driving a Vette obviously because I don’t get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Tom, Stillen didnt lie, they extensively tested their kit in every situation they could and on several cars. Chances are though that when they did the testing they used normal osiris software with normal tunes, which they assumed would be no different when they used the other software/tune. It seems there's a glitch thats causing headaches. If the kit/tune works perfect on custom tuned cars then it can be absolutely fixed. Its really unfair to expect that they could predict that problem and test for it before the fact.
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote