View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks View Post
As an installer I have found that Plexus may do well on cleaning the bra but over time it seems to be pretty harsh on them. They dont seem to hold up well after consistent use over the years. Not sure what it is in Plexus but I have stopped recommending it.

A very cheap and easy solution is to get a spray bottle, add two tea spons of baby shampoo to it, fill it with water, and then apply the spray to the front of the vehicle letting it sit on it for a few minutes. Baby shampoo will soften the bugs up and they will wipe right off. The other good thing is by softening the bugs it will prevent them from scratching the when wiping them off. Once its clean use a good wax/polymer to keep it sealed up. It will help keep the bugs from penetrating into the film... making them easier to clean off next time.
I have some "installation defects/stretch marks/lines" in a small area of my bra.... venture shield/venture tape brand. The installer told me after about a month they should diminish from time in the sun. Bubbles/fogging all went away after a few days in the sun, but these marks and lines are still there, basically in one small area of the bra, that happens however to be on the upper bumper right next to the headlight. Any way to correct this? I read somewhere a heat gun can melt these out, but I am hesitant and afraid I might screw it up. I did try heating it once to no avail. Any ideas?

John
antennahead is offline   Reply With Quote