View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #33 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STZ View Post
"GM changed the fluid in '08 I think it was. Fixed that problem of noisy/prematurely dead diff clutches"

I don't know if you have ever owned a C6 Corvette, worst yet one that was a problem child. 2 weeks before I traded in my C6 for this Z that I have, I took it in because I was hearing a grinding noise at the rear of the car. Left it at the Dealer, received a call later in the day and was told that my diff. needs a fliud flush, I told the Dealer Tech. "you guys just done it 2 month ago and I paid for it". Dealer Tech says "I will have to call you back because I have to do some research". He called me back and said that he was sorry and I was correct and The Clutch Pack has to be rebuilt and there is also a NEW TSB FOR A NEW DIFFERENTIAL FLUID. I've spoken to other C6 Corvette owners that have 08 and newer and they are still have Differential troubles. So please go walk a mile in the shoes of a C6 Corvette owner that has have and is still having problems with their cars.

Thank you

Surf this forum. Z owners here are on their 3rd and 4th transmission in some cases. Syncro issues.

Nothing is perfect, buy what you want and get a warranty on it and drive it until it breaks and then have it fixed, but try as I might, I have never found an un-breakable car.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote